Networker

[Networker] NW and the latest Java versions

2013-01-15 15:10:58
Subject: [Networker] NW and the latest Java versions
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 15:09:53 -0500
I have a question about the version of Java that I need to run NMC with.
At the moment, I have 3 servers running NW 7.6.2 Workgroup edition (on Win
2008). In light of the latest Java exploit, I need to update them to Java
1.7.11.

Currently I am running 1.6.21, with NW 7.6.2.  These servers also run NMC.

I think I will need to update to the latest 7.6.x revision (and it's
accompanying NMC), before I can update the Java any higher. Correct?

Can anybody confirm that the latest NMC 7.6.4 (?) works with the latest
Java 1.7.11 update?

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM