Networker

[Networker] Upgrade question

2013-01-08 11:16:22
Subject: [Networker] Upgrade question
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:16:05 -0500
We're currently running 7.6.4 build 1039 and need to upgrade (slightly)
to 7.6.4 build 1049 (on win2008 64bit) to enable us to perform granular
exchange 2010 recoveries (from AFTD only which we learned only after
upgrading to 7.6.4...). I'm not entirely sure where to download the
7.6.4build1049 release ?? My supervisor dealt with the support tech that
stated the upgrade was required, but the tech never supplied a download
link to get the correct release... I found one last week on an EMC ftp
server (which server escapes me now) and have it downloaded and ready to
install, but I want to make sure it is the correct release we need
before I proceed... The zip file I originally installed 7.6.4 from has
the same filename as the release I downloaded last week
(nw76sp4_win_x64.zip), but the newer download is slightly larger
(166,817 kb vs. 166,776 kb).....

Also , should I first un-install the current Networker Server and then
install the newer one, or is it possible to install the newer build over
top of the existing installation without un-installing first since the
only difference is the build level going from 1039 to 1049 ??

Thanks in advance,

Paul Goslin
IS&TS Unix Administration
513-612-2193