Networker

[Networker] Trouble with saving through firewall

2012-12-21 17:04:20
Subject: [Networker] Trouble with saving through firewall
From: tremblyj <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 14:00:30 -0800
Hi JayJay,

I had the same problem.  I'm running v7.5.2.

I used the command "NSRPORTS -S 7937-7940 -C 7941-7960" on the client then
restarted the NSREXECD service.  Would not start up again...
"nsrexecd Failed to bind to address [::]:7937 for nsrexecd service: Permission
denied"

Went into the c:\program files\Legato\nsr\tmp folder and deleted everything.

Started up without a problem after that.  You also can do that on the server to
fix weird issues but you must stop ALL Networker services first, even the power
monitoring one and the GST service.  1) "NET STOP NSRD"  2) delete everything
in TMP folder.  3) "NET START NSREXECD"  <-- 4) Wait for 10 sec then start GST
service manually.

-John T.
 :D