Networker

Re: [Networker] Deleting indexes of deleted clients

2012-12-11 14:17:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Deleting indexes of deleted clients
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:34:43 -0500
> If you have deleted the client resources, NW does not know them any
longer.

I have indeed deleted the client resources, mostly to free up licenses.

> As NW does not have any reference to these directories any longer,
> deleting them is all you need to do.

I thought I might. I saw "nsrck -Y -R", but I think that would only be
relevant if I wanted to delete indexes of *current* clients, for whatever
reason. Since I have no client definition entered in NW for these old
clients, I guess that wouldn't work .. (I kept the client IDs, in case I
did need to re-create them. But if so, I would "nsrck -L7" the client
index that I needed ...)

Thanks, I'll get busy deleting the unneeded folders from the OS level.