Networker

[Networker] High speed Ethernet problem

2012-12-07 13:38:59
Subject: [Networker] High speed Ethernet problem
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 18:31:55 +0000
Folks,

We are running NetWorker 7.6.1.5 on Windows 2008 R2 Standard.  We recently
added a 10 GB Ethernet adaptor (replacing the built in 1 GB adaptor).  Now the
larger longer NetWorker backups hang up and never complete.  If I go to the
client that in hung I can kill the "save" process and it will restart and may
finish but not always.  A couple of years ago we tried the same thing with an
optical 10 GB adaptor and the same thing happened and we eventually gave up.
The way it happens it appears that there is a problem with the handshaking
going on with the network sessions.  Have any of you ever run into this
problem?  Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks, Dave

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.
Salem, Oregon

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any
attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you for your cooperation.