Networker

[Networker] FW: [NetWorker Support Forum] New message: "Pre notification: My Support and Live Chat - will no longer be available"

2012-12-07 11:35:18
Subject: [Networker] FW: [NetWorker Support Forum] New message: "Pre notification: My Support and Live Chat - will no longer be available"
From: Chester Martin <cmartin AT SPP DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:28:26 -0600

From: Prajith Sukumar [mailto:emc-community-network AT emc DOT com]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 9:14 AM
To: Chester Martin
Subject: [NetWorker Support Forum] New message: "Pre notification: My Support
and Live Chat - will no longer be available"

EMC Community Network<https://community.emc.com/index.jspa>

Pre notification: My Support and Live Chat - will no longer be available
created by Prajith Sukumar<https://community.emc.com/people/nmc> in NetWorker
Support Forum - View the full
discussion<https://community.emc.com/message/695446#695446>
________________________________

On December 8, 2012 a major milestone is about to be achieved with the release
of additional functionality to the new EMC Online Support site, enabling the
transition from Powerlink Support. This release expands and enhances EMC Online
Support’s capabilities and simplifies the user experience by reducing reliance
on Powerlink for support self-service.

This release expands and enhances Online Support’s capabilities and simplifies
the user experience by reducing reliance on Powerlink for support self-service.

With the completion of this release, Notifications and My Support features will
be decommissioned on Powerlink. To facilitate a seamless user transition,
Powerlink team will dual publish content and downloads within the Online
Support site and Powerlink until Q1 2013. In addition, prior to the release,
messaging will be posted on relevant Powerlink pages to notify users of the
changes and direct them to the new site.

Key features of tomorrow's (Dec 8, 2012) release include:

 *   Subscriptions to technical and security advisory notifications

·         Subscriptions to product update notifications including new content
and downloads –subscribers will receive a digest of new items for a selected
frequency (daily, weekly or monthly)

·         Subscriptions to notifications of service requests meeting specified
criteria such as product, severity and escalation level

 *   My Support and Live Chat - now available on the new EMC Online Support
site and no longer available on Powerlink

·         Existing subscription and query data will be ported over from
Powerlink

Read more in EMC Online Support: December 8, 2012 Release:

http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/Technical_Documentation/Dec_8_2012_Online_Support_Rel_Overview_Ext-11282012.pdf

ECN<https://community.emc.com/message/695446#695446>

Start a new discussion in NetWorker Support Forum by
email<mailto:discussions-community-support-networker AT community.emc DOT com>
or at
ECN<https://community.emc.com/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2445>