Networker

[Networker] all sessions slow at some time during backup

2012-11-30 16:59:01
Subject: [Networker] all sessions slow at some time during backup
From: jeronimo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:52:41 -0800
@enchanter:

Actually, this is Fujitsu Networker, not EMC Networker. Although we will
migrate to the EMC one because FTS apparently stopped developing theirs.

That said, the OS tuning suggestions have indeed been applied! No idea about
esg93654 though.

I'll have to try using bigasm to diagnose but first of all I

- enabled debug mode
- removed the old nsrjobd database (as suggested by coretouch)

I also checked the filesystem containing the indexes for errors, to no avail.

I have *not* run nsrck (or so) which is supposed to verify the metadata as the
manpage says this is done anyway when you restart the server, which I did when
enabling debug mode.

Now we'll see what happens this weekend.