Networker

Re: [Networker] NSR76 SP4 & Optimized disk reading ...

2012-11-15 17:26:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSR76 SP4 & Optimized disk reading ...
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:25:59 -0600
In regard to: Re: [Networker] NSR76 SP4 & Optimized disk reading ...,...:

This can be set in several ways.  One is to set an environment variable
with the needed value.  Open the 'NetWorker Administration Guide', and
search for 'NSR_DEV_BLOCK_SIZE';

That's the method we used in our testing.

that will get you to the section that
talks about this.  The other way is to use the NetWorker administration
program (either the 'nsradmin' CLI or the NMC GUI) to set the value of
the resource that controls this.  This didn't work in even fairly recent
versions of NetWorker, but I believe it works in the latest (search the
archive of this mailing list, or the other NetWorker resources on the
EMC support site, for the details).

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for sharing Terry!

Tim