Networker

[Networker] IVssAsrWriterBackup::GetAsrMetadata VSS error during windows 2008R2 backup

2012-11-09 10:23:32
Subject: [Networker] IVssAsrWriterBackup::GetAsrMetadata VSS error during windows 2008R2 backup
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 10:12:33 -0500
Starting yesterday, we started getting failures on our backup of our Active
Directory server. I have tried reseting the VSS (re-register, etc..) and after
a reboot, the "vssadmin list writers" show in a stable state. However, once a
backup starts, we get this error in the windows event log:

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine
IVssAsrWriterBackup::GetAsrMetadata.  hr = 0x80070001, Incorrect function.

We have rebooted the server, uninstalled Legato, re-installed using the latest
7.6.4 cummaltive hotfixes, but nothing appears to work.

Again, once we reboot the servers, the "vssadmin list writers" show all VSS
writers in a stable state.

Anyone else seen this problem?

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff        | Fax:   914-460-4139