Networker

Re: [Networker] Is it possible to mix LTO-4 and LTO-5 drives ?

2012-11-06 14:32:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Is it possible to mix LTO-4 and LTO-5 drives ?
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 19:32:02 +0000
We operate with a mix of LTO-3 and LTO-5 drives.    As others have said, there
is more maintenance to deal with, from a Networker Admin point of view, but it
will work.

With today's economics, replacing dozens of drives, all at once, is not
feasible, so we are phasing it in over several years.

- Dave