Networker

Re: [Networker] Why doesn't nsrinfo show me saveset details?

2012-10-11 13:53:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Why doesn't nsrinfo show me saveset details?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 13:52:46 -0400
> Have you looked at the actual index structure itself before and after
> scanning?

No. There was no before scanning, as the client did not exist in this
media database before scanning. And those tapes were scanned ... probably
3-4 years ago now.

> conventions that one would expect to see in an index? What happens if
> you run a subsequent check against the index, e.g. level 5 or 6?

I have not. I will try that later. I don't expect it to help, frankly -
I've never actually seen running nsrck at a level of anything less that
-L7 help. :-)

> Is it possible that the browse policy on the affected clients may need
> to be increased?

Browse, expiration and retention dates for this client and this saveset
are already 5 years in the future.

> Is it possible that there's a difference in time zones (e.g. EDT versus
> UTC) or some such thing?

Don't see how, as we've always ever just used the same timezone.

> It would seem that if nsrinfo isn't reporting anything then unless
> you're running the command with the incorrect options or values (this
> happens to me sometimes where I accidentally use the ssid rather than
> the nsavetime value or some such thing) then there simply isn't anything

> in the index for that nsavetime value.

That's what I think, altho I can't quite see how, since nothing has
expired, and we're still within the retention period.

> have recommended? Do you still have any of the older tapes around to run

> such a test?

They have to be recalled from offsite, which - in my case - means a
request to my legal department so that I can retrieve tapes. (don't ask)

I'll see if I can do that tomorrow or next week.

Thanks.