Networker

Re: [Networker] NW 8.0.0.2 lgtonmc breaks FreeNX on EL 6.3 x86_63

2012-09-26 08:38:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW 8.0.0.2 lgtonmc breaks FreeNX on EL 6.3 x86_63
From: Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:37:48 -0400
On 9/26/12 8:25 AM, Tony Albers wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I discovered this issue earlier, but I was not sure whether this was NW
> related or a different issue. Today I took the time to check it out, and
> it seems that installing NetWorker 8's NMC somehow damages freenx.

Hi Tony,

I haven't seen this issue (I don't run X on my NMC server), but I would start
by assuming it is
some library that NetWorker is replacing (like the python library they provided
with lgtoclnt
8.0.0.0 which broke YUM on EL6 x86_64 systems) - so see what libraries lgtonmc
is installing
and then use ldd to see if the freeNX code that is breaking is using one of
those libraries.

-Frank