Networker

[Networker] NW 7.2x on HP-UX - will not start

2012-09-17 14:24:45
Subject: [Networker] NW 7.2x on HP-UX - will not start
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 11:24:11 -0700
NMC (gstd) depends on the NW client (nsrexecd). Due to the failure of the
client, NMC will of course not be able to start.

The NW client (nsrexecd) will definitively not start if either one of the two
listening ports can not be used or it can not use the internal configuration
db. And this is stored in /nsr/res/ .
May i suggest that you rename this directory before you restart the client
daemon.

Anyway - i am stuck with the versions. ASAIR NMC has become the only admin GUI
with NW 7.3. I am pretty sure that you can administrate an older NW server with
NMC but i doubt that you even have a NW NMC server that came with NW 7.2. But
this is not the problem (yet) - it is the NW client SW.