Networker

Re: [Networker] Network User Group

2012-09-15 08:20:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Network User Group
From: Conrad Macina <cmacina AT NAC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 08:08:36 -0400
Kathy, thank you very much for the endorsement. IMHO this was the best meeting
we've had, primarily because we had three presentations by customers. Many
thanks to EMC and Ron Joho for arranging the space, refreshments and presenters.

Jee, here are the presentation topics and presenters from the agenda:

EMC BRS Vision & Direction: Gail Greener, EMC
NetWorker 8.0 Update & Direction: Mark Wiertalla, EMC
DPA Custom Reports and External Data Sources:   Michael Burgess, Pfizer
DPA Update and Direction: Gautham Panth, EMC
Education Update: Mike Riley, EMC
Data Archiving Discussion
NetWorker Tech Tips: Mark Koustos, Visiting Nurse Service
Avamar 6.1 Update & Direction: Steve Egan, EMC
Avamar Presentation: Narad Persaud, BNY Mellon
VMware Backup Round Table Discussion: Mike Zolla, EMC

All of the presentations were well done and informative. Which of them would
qualify as "cool" would depend on your individual expertise and interests.

We are currently forming a steering committee to recommend direction for the
meetings going forward and -- of course -- we are always looking for
presenters. If you can do either, please contact Stan or me on the list or at
the addresses below.

Conrad Macina, cmacina AT nac DOT net
Stan Horwitz, stan AT temple DOT edu