Networker

Re: [Networker] sharepoint and vadp

2012-09-14 11:50:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] sharepoint and vadp
From: Andy Fahy <farske10 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:49:58 +0100
I think you'll probably find it won't be able to quiesce the VM. Try it and see. Using the NMM for SharePoint ourselves.
Let me know how you get on.
Andy

-----Original Message----- From: dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 3:28 PM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Subject: [Networker] sharepoint and vadp

Hi,

Is anyone using VADP to protect Sharepoint? We are looking at protecting
Sharepoint in a circumstance where we don't need object level restores,
only a full system restore.

From what I can figure, the only negative to using VADP is that it won't
truncate the SQL logs—although now that I think about that, since it uses
VSS, it should do so.

Anyone doing it this way, or have any thoughts?

Dave

Dave Gold

Sr. Technical Consultant

Cambridge Computer Services