Networker

Re: [Networker] Win2008 R2 client does not show DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset when saving ALL - ADDENDUM

2012-09-12 08:36:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Win2008 R2 client does not show DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset when saving ALL - ADDENDUM
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 08:21:15 -0400
> We don't know why the NW User UI is not showing the DR saveset.  You
> can use mminfo and nsrinfo to confirm the DR saveset is available.

Oh, I know it is available. And I know this because last night I did the
standard offline recovery for Win 2008 R2 on that client. And it all Just
Worked. I saw the FULL backup (including the DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset)
that MMINFO and NMC showed me, and that NW User does not. And the recover
seemed to work, I logged into the domain, no errors shown in the windows
logs, etc.

> Also you could confirm the DR is available by doing a directed
> recover of _just_ the DR save set files, BCD document XML and OSSR
> Information XML:
>
> recover -iN -s SERVER -d xxx\  -S 4234349760  where xxx is the path
> for recovery.

That's a new one for me; I may have to try that.

> This is most likely a problem for EMC Support to investigate.

I do have this open as a case. At the moment it is severity 2, mostly
because I haven't had an opportunity to close it yet. It certainly appears
to be an Idiosyncrasy of NW User, since NW User is showing me the
DISASTER_RECOVERY: savesets on at least 2 other Win2008 R2 clients
(haven't had time to look at other Win2008 R2 clients, to see if NW User
is showing that saveset for all others).