Networker

[Networker] Block size wrong

2012-09-05 11:44:38
Subject: [Networker] Block size wrong
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 11:44:13 -0400
Here's a weird one. I am attempting a D/R recovery of a Win2008 R2 client,
from a tape made over this past weekend. But when it goes to run, I am
getting:

Block size is 32768 bytes not 131072 bytes. Verify the device
configuration. Tape positioning by record is disabled.

I have no idea why. This is the same server, library, and tape that was in
use this past weekend, when the backup created normally. And I was on
vacation for a couple days, so I certainly didn't change any settings
since the backup on Sunday. And my boss says he didn't do it (he wouldn't
know how; I'm not sure I know how ..)

Any thoughts about why it thinks the blocksize is not what it wants? And
more importantly, how to fix it, so the recovery finishes? Searching
powerlink is not finding a quick solution (probably my searching at fault)

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM