Networker

Re: [Networker] Trouble with saving through firewall

2012-08-27 08:17:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Trouble with saving through firewall
From: Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 08:17:14 -0400
On 8/27/12 8:08 AM, JayJay wrote:
> Alright, i tried to change it back but it won't work.
>
> 4196:nsrports: Failed to get port range from local nsrexecd: Failed to
> initialize ports using nsrexecd on networker client: Service not available.
>
> 39078:nsrports: RAP error: Service not available.
>
> Can I change the portrange in a different way? Config-Files?
>
> Networker is really driving me nuts!

What version of NetWorker are you running?  Is it something earlier than 7.6?

There was a problem in the 7.4 series where to get it to use ports 7937-7940,
you had to tell
it to use ports 7939-7940 (because there are specific functions that have to
bind to 7937 and
7938 and it was not programmed correctly when given a limited set of ports to
not get in its
own way).  So, the next thing I would try is to use:

nsrports -S 7939-7940

and see if that gets it out of its own way.  Yes, NetWorker's little annoyances
drive us all a
little insane, that's why we gather here to console each other ;-)