Networker

[Networker] NW 8 breaks yum

2012-08-23 05:05:27
Subject: [Networker] NW 8 breaks yum
From: tonyalbers <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 02:05:10 -0700
Your LD_LIBRARY path?
NW keeps it's ibraries in /usr/lib/nsr/lib64.
It might find some NW libraries first. And they might not be compatible with
the rest.

I saw this for libexpat for example. The Networker one just happened to be
compatible in my case.
Found it by using lsof and changed my library path though.

Best
Dag

Yep, you nailed it!

strace output when running yum update:

open("/usr/lib/nsr/lib64/libexpat.so.1", O_RDONLY) = 13
open("/usr/lib/nsr/lib64/libexpat.so.1", O_RDONLY) = 8

Changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH and now it's working.

Thanks Dag.