Networker

Re: [Networker] Q about restoring a "partitioned" MS SQL DB

2012-08-10 11:24:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Q about restoring a "partitioned" MS SQL DB
From: "Olenick, Jason (EXP)" <jason.olenick AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 11:13:47 -0400
Hi Michael,

I use the Networker SQL module often to restore copies.  I don't think you even
have the option to restore single data files or "partitions", I believe all
files are required.  The NW SQL client will automatically perform the recovery
of all the parts at the same time.

One quick tip that might save you some time: go into options -> restore
options, and select "Disable log mark display".   If not checked, there can be
a long pause modifying the properties of the DB before the restore.  The length
of the pause depends on the size of your index for this client.

Jason