Networker

Re: [Networker] Anyone having problems with HP LTO tape drivers for Windows?

2012-07-30 08:51:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Anyone having problems with HP LTO tape drivers for Windows?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 08:51:42 -0400
> Hi Michael,
>
> I have seen this or a related problem on different sites using (always)
new
> (2011-2012) overland tape libraries.

This library is from 2008 ...

> The workaround was to label the (blank) tapes on a different server.
Does it
> happen with labelled tapes or only blank ones?

Labeled tapes. (altho I have seen it happen once, maybe twice, when
labeling blank tapes). And I don't have another server to use, nor another
LTO-4 drive to label tapes.

> If you cannot downgrade,  that may happen because the 1.0.6.3
> driver files are
> still on the windows directories. Try uninstalling the 1.0.6.3
> driver, remove
> all the 1.0.6.3 files  and reboot the windows machine. That might work.

I don't know what all the 1.0.6.3 files are. :-) I did reboot between
uninstalling, and trying to re-install, to no luck. I will try again
today, if I can.