Networker

[Networker] Tapes marked full prematurely

2012-06-08 08:06:52
Subject: [Networker] Tapes marked full prematurely
From: Ronald Benvenuto <ronald.benvenuto AT SRI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 11:50:28 +0000
Hello All,

 I am running Networker 7.6.1 on a windows 2003 server and am backing up to a
Dell ML6020 with 6 fiber channel LT04 drives.  all of my backups that use two
of the 6 drives will work just fine, the other four drives will start backups
and mark the tape as full after as little as 40GB and as much as few hundred
gb's but never to it's full native or compressed capacity, once it marks it
full i cannot append to that tape again. The only way to use it is to re-label
it.

 Has anyone else seen this problem before and know how to fix it ?

 thanks much,

 Ron Benvenuto

Sr. System Administrator

SRI International Sarnoff