Networker

Re: [Networker] Precedence of use - expired or blank tape, in the same pool?

2012-06-07 10:16:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Precedence of use - expired or blank tape, in the same pool?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 10:11:46 -0400
> Hello,
>
> here's the info that's at my disposal, it's not an official document.

That's great and very helpful, thanks. My tests seemed to indicate that,
too. I had 2 unmounted tapes from the same pool, one appendable (well, 0%
used, so blank) and one recyclable. The job pulled the appendable (blank)
tape first. But I didn't know if there was an order of precedence (I
assumed there was), or if NW just randomly choose an available unmounted
tape from the required pool.