Networker

Re: [Networker] Getting history with nsrinfo??

2012-06-05 12:45:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Getting history with nsrinfo??
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 11:39:58 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Getting history with nsrinfo??, Vygur said (at...:

  We were thinking about that as well - however the issue with the logs
  is they're managed by our sys admin team and they rotate them out
  every 30 days.  We could request for a 1 year retention of those logs,
  however we want to try to explore the avenue of using mminfo/nsrinfo
  first and not rely on the log files.  Is this possible in any way at
  all?

Not with either of those commands, no.

If you don't want to store the information in email and you don't want to
ask the admins to extend the log file retention, where do you want the
information kept?  In NetWorker itself?  It doesn't do that, so you're
going to be forced to keep it somewhere else.

Note that what it's currently sending to you via email is just one of
many different types of notifications.  You can create your own and
you can modify the existing ones.  Perhaps you want to modify the
notification so that the information is instead inserted into a database
or written to a flat file that you keep elsewhere.

Either way, though, if you want this information kept long-term, you'll
need to find some method of retaining it.

Tim
edu