Networker

[Networker] Schedule Skipped When It Should Run

2012-05-25 04:48:42
Subject: [Networker] Schedule Skipped When It Should Run
From: Brian Nisbet <wallydug AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 04:45:21 -0400
Hi everyone

We have a schedule called Full Last Friday of Month:

nsradmin> print type:nsr schedule;name:Full Last Friday of Month
                        type: NSR schedule;
                        name: Full Last Friday of Month;
                     comment: ;
                      period: Week;
                      action: skip skip skip skip skip skip skip;
                    override: Full last Friday every month;

The GUI calendar shows it is due to run today, today being 25th May (next
Friday would be 1st June, not 32nd May!).

However, a group that uses that schedule did not run this morning.  Running it
manually shows that the group is skipped.  It doesn't matter if the group has
this schedule attached to it or just the clients within the group, the run
today is skipped.  When I manually run backups that are due to run tonight,
they are also skipped.

This schedule has run flawlessly since I created it about a year ago when I
took this particular system over and it's worked flawlessly on other systems
I've administered.

The only change was that we went from 7.5.2 to 7.6.3 - but that was in April
and last month's full backups ran successfully on Friday 27th April.  I've
cleared the override and reset it, but still the same.  In order to get it to
run, I've had to create a new schedule:

nsradmin> print type:nsr schedule;name:TEST_Monthly
                        type: NSR schedule;
                        name: TEST_Monthly;
                     comment: ;
                      period: Week;
                      action: skip skip skip skip skip skip skip;
                    override: Full last Friday every month;

Spot the difference, apart from the name?  No, me neither.

This schedule has been atatched to each client, however, out of nine clients in
the group, only one actually backed up any data; the rest were skipped.  When
attached at the group level, all clients in the group were skipped.  When
removed (i.e. client-level schedule comes into effect), the same one client as
before was backed up while the others were skipped.

The only way I seem to be able to get this schedule to work is by clearing the
"Full last Friday every month" override and forcing a full override for today:

nsradmin> print type:nsr schedule;name:TEST_Monthly
                        type: NSR schedule;
                        name: TEST_Monthly;
                     comment: ;
                      period: Week;
                      action: skip skip skip skip skip skip skip;
                    override: full 5/25/2012;

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Brian