Networker

[Networker] Trying to define/backup a client through NAT

2012-05-16 03:44:39
Subject: [Networker] Trying to define/backup a client through NAT
From: Manel Rodero Blanquez <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:32:12 +0200
Hello,

I need to backup a client that is outside our office. This client is VM running in a cloud environment.

This machine access the network through NAT and in the GUI interface where I can add port forwarding rules doesn't accept ranges. So I've tried to define a range for service ports in the client using 'nsrports' like this:

        nsrports -S 7937-7940

and opening the following ports in the port forwarding section of this NAT:

        7937 TCP
        7938 TCP
        7939 TCP
        7940 TCP
        7938 UDP
        541 UDP

After this, I can start the "Client Backup Configuration" wizard and it contact properly the client (i.e. the Client OS and version appears and I see the Filesystem application).

But when I click "Next" for specifying "Client Backup Options" I get a progress bar "Starting operation..." that does not finish. At the end I get the error: Unable to connect to host: Please check NetWorker Security setting and daemon logs on the NetWorker client and Console server for more details.

I can contact the client from the server using the command:

        nsradmin -s cliente_name -p 390113

So at this moment I'm trying to know which are the minimum ports requirements for contacting and backing up this client knowing that probably some firewalls can stop this operation (i.e. client/server firewall and firewall for the subnet where the server is located).

Any tip about what could be the failure point would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

--

       Manel Rodero Blánquez
o o o  IT Systems Manager

       E-mail : manel AT fib.upc DOT edu
       Tel.   : +34 93 401 0847
       Web    : http://inlab.fib.upc.edu/

Abans  d'imprimir aquest missatge, si us plau, assegureu-vos que sigui
necessari. El medi ambient és cosa de tots.

--[ http://www.fib.upc.edu/disclaimer/ ]------------------------------

ADVERTIMENT  /  TEXT  LEGAL:  Aquest  missatge pot contenir informació
confidencial  o  legalment protegida i està exclusivament adreçat a la
persona  o entitat destinatària. Si vosté no es el destinatari final o
persona  encarregada  de  recollir-lo, no està autoritzat a llegir-lo,
retenir-lo, modificar-lo, distribuir-lo, copiar-lo ni a revelar el seu
contingut.  Si ha rebut aquest correu electrònic per error, li preguem
que  informi  al  remitent  i elimini del seu sistema el missatge i el
material annex que pugui contenir. Gràcies per la seva col·laboració.