Networker

Re: [Networker] Wish List for Networker v8.0

2012-04-30 02:05:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Wish List for Networker v8.0
From: Jonathan Loran <jloran AT SSL.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 23:03:09 -0700
To be able to recover save sets while they are being staged/cloned.  This can
be a killer when you have a large staging job running and you need to recover
from the saves sets being cloned.  I understand the reason why this is
difficult, since the savesets are on the move, but it should be possible for
Networker to lock the savessets in their old/current location until the recover
is done.  I suppose you could have a scenario where backups are held up on
staging (target volume is full, so backups can't proceed) in which case the
staging is high priority so backups can complete.  But OTOH, there are business
cases where a recovery is mission critical.  Only choice there is to kill the
staging job, recover, and then start staging anew.  This problem hits our
environment more or less monthly, and it would be great to be addressed.

Thanks,

Jon

-     _____/     _____/      /           - Jonathan Loran -           -
-    /          /           /                IT Officer               -
-  _____  /   _____  /     /     Space Sciences Laboratory, UC Berkeley
-        /          /     /                (510) 643-5146             -
- ______/    ______/    ______/        jloran AT ssl.berkeley DOT edu        -