Networker

Re: [Networker] linux client trying to use itself as server

2012-04-20 05:35:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] linux client trying to use itself as server
From: =?utf-8?Q?Christian_Jurecka?= <jur AT ADV.MAGWIEN.GV DOT AT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 05:35:11 -0400
First of all,

thank you everybody for your suggestions.

As a first solution I added an additional servers file and I hope this
helps.
Client retries for this special group are set to "2", so this might be the
reason why save is started again, although I always thought client retries
are only used for not-ok-savesets initiated by the group and not by those
initiated by savepnpc on the client.

However, if the problem appears networker sends back a returncode that
isn´t 0. Our DB-Admin asks for this returncode in his script and asks me
why backup isn´t ok (although it is). Can there be found more information
about the networker return codes? I just can find "0" for ok and "1" for
not ok. Is there some additional documentation?

Regards,
Christian