Networker

Re: [Networker] error: the operation completed successfully?? And cant brows

2012-03-26 12:02:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] error: the operation completed successfully?? And cant brows
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:01:55 -0400
> Michael,
>
> i think you are dealing with a known problem which also happened to
> me a while ago. In fact NW will scan everything file but due to
> whatever reason not feed the info to the database. This is for Windows
only.

> I do not know whether this has been solved in the interim. So my
> conclusion was to send the output fo the process to a log file to
> anlyze it later.
> Then search for the string "index error, flush failed".
>
> If you scan multiple save sets, you will usually not become aware of
> the problem.

Well, I also found out this - I went to re-scan this morning, and saw this
go by:

8851:scanner: ssid 2706858332: continued from `volid 3511537307', scan for
synchronization

Mind you, I have NO idea what tape corresponds to that volid, as it's not
in the media database (at least, an mminfo for that volid doesn't show
anything ...).

So even if the scan had worked, the saveset may not be browsable because I
haven't scanned that tape with the volid that (apparently) is actually the
first tape in the sequence (I'm guessing, from the fact that what I
thought was tape #1 shows this "synchronized" message).

So I guess I have no choice but to try and scan other old tapes, made in
that that time period (based on written records, since they've not been
scanned before). And hope I get lucky and find the first tape in the
sequence. And then get MORE lucky, and hope it writes out the index ...

<SIGH> I have a feeling this one might be a lost cause ... well, I suppose
I can try for the next end of month tapes ...