Networker

Re: [Networker] RHEL6 mail savegroup notifications

2012-02-07 13:53:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] RHEL6 mail savegroup notifications
From: =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Tim_Mooney?= <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 13:53:46 -0500
On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:31:20 -0600, Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
wrote:

>I have a RHEL 6.1 server that is sending savegroup notifications as
>attachments (subject.dat file) and not in the body of a message.
>
>I tested at the command line and was able to resolve the issue by
>adding "set encode 7bit" to /etc/mail.rc, so now any ASCII encoded
>files show up as the message body, however the NetWorker notifications
>are still coming in as attachments.
>
>I know I'm missing something obvious...any hints?

Sorry to be replying to a thread that's three months old, but I ran into
this same issue last week when I upgraded our primary NetWorker server to
RHEL 6.2.

Doing some investigation, all of the savegrp notifications that exhibited
the problems had warning or error messages from Windows clients, and the
client messages had \r\n line endings.  It was the \r that was causing mailx
to treat the message body as application/octet-stream.

To resolve the issue, I modified our "Notification" for savegrp and savegrp
failure to have

    /usr/bin/tr -d '\\r' |

before the /bin/mail command.  Note the double \

That seems to have fixed it for us.

Tim
edu