Networker

Re: [Networker] W2k3 VSS savesets backup completes but hangs on 7.6.2.2

2012-01-16 10:39:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] W2k3 VSS savesets backup completes but hangs on 7.6.2.2
From: Eddie Albert <Eddie.Albert AT CITIZENSFLA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:35:56 -0500
If this is your error:
=== Error ===
Registry - Cannot save Registry key SOFTWARE: 0x000003f8
Registry - Error saving
39078:save: RPC error: RPC cannot encode arguments
=== End Error ===

When I ran into this problem I read something about registry errors, in
our case it was attached printers (and the data they put in the
registry) being the issue. There is a Microsoft update that covers this
registry problem and vss backups... Have your SysAdmin thoroughly go
through the available updates vs current build and make the corrections.

We applied the fix to the server and the backups started working
immediately and reliably.

Semper fidelis et paratus, /ALE