Networker

Re: [Networker] Directive question?

2011-12-15 12:55:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Directive question?
From: George Sinclair <george.sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:55:36 -0500
On 2011-12-15 11:23, bingo wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, excluding an upper level directory will not allow
including items in a lower level directory.

If you really must use one client resource, may i suggest that you move the
included directories to another branch of the directory tree.
I think the users want those two directories to remain under the current path since its all related, but, yes, I see your point. :-)

But what then is the purpose of the 'forget' save environment directive? In the man page for nsr (nsr(5)), it shows
the following example at the end:

# We can rebuild any .o files in /usr/src
# from sources except those in /usr/src/sys.
<< ./usr/src >>
         +skip: *.o
<< ./usr/src/sys >>
          forget

It seems, though, that it should be the other way around? I would interpret this to mean that any .o files under /usr/src/sys could be recovered but not those under usr/src, i.e. one level above. Do they have their remarks wrong then in this example, or am I
misunderstanding its function?

Assuming they do have it explained wrong then maybe using a local directive (.nsr) instead would work to allow me to grab anything under /data/od/fhw, including those two subdirectories,
but otherwise avoid everything else under /data/od/fhw/gg1:

Putting the following .nsr file under  /data/od/fhw

+null: .?* *
<< ./gg1/images/cloud >>
forget
<< ./gg1/input >>
forget

with the save set for the client still being /data/od/fhw. Maybe ???

George