Networker

[Networker] Cloning task completion report

2011-12-14 11:49:47
Subject: [Networker] Cloning task completion report
From: Abdellatif AIT EL BACHA <aitelbacha_abdellatif AT INFINIBYTE DOT AE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 20:48:28 +0400
Hi All

I have a generic question regarding the cloning feature.

As you know since a version that I can't recall, a new cloning resource type
has been added to schedule clone activities.

This clone task have a very basic schedule but at least can be used as an
alternative to both scripting and automatic cloning (group cloning).

My question is related to notifications. I haven't found any notification
that can be used to report on the cloning status. And the worst is that if a
clone task fails the GUI does not give any details except the list of the
save sets that have failed.

The jobquery can be used to check what nsrclone command has been triggered
and running it from the shell prompt can give you more details on the
failure causes.

Do you guys use or have used the scheduled cloning feature and did you find
a way to get notified or get sort of completion report of the cloning.

Of course we can use the NMC report or write some complex script to get it
done but I am searching for some other ways.

Thanks for any input.

Regards

A.AEB J