Networker

Re: [Networker] Scripting help

2011-12-06 13:49:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Scripting help
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 12:47:06 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] Scripting help, tlamana said (at 10:32am on Dec...:

OK, I stripped it down to "mminfo -q "savetime>=today" and was able to
list the two volumes that were written.  The question would be how do
you scrape the volume names so they can be inserted into the next
command?

Assuming you don't have spaces in your volume names, you should just
loop over the volume names and run nsrmm on each one.

I don't do Windows batch scripting, but on UNIX/Linux with a
Bourne-derived shell, it would be something like

for v in `mminfo -q 'savetime>=today' -r volume`
do
        nsrmm -o readonly $v
done

I'll leave translating that to batch or PowerShell to you.

Tim
edu