Networker

Re: [Networker] NMM 2.3 backup issue

2011-12-05 13:22:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMM 2.3 backup issue
From: Eugene <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 12:22:01 -0600
On Dec 4, 2011, at 10:23 AM, Eugene Vilensky wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 4:23 AM, akshay bhumkar <akshay.bhumkar AT gmail DOT
> com> wrote:
>> In the usergroups in the NMC add the system@hostname and administrator@
>> hostname. Replace hostname with the actual host.
>
> Sadly, this is the part that doesn't work.  I have all manner of
> "hostname" for all interfaces entered in both this and user=,host=
> format, for both shortname and fqdn.  The host names are definitely
> valid in DNS and also the client's host files.
>
> I also receive this message periodically in daemon.raw:
>
> 39078 12/03/2011 04:38:00 PM  0 0 5 2636547840 13343 0
> nsrserverhost.domain.tld nsrd RAP error: An unsuccessful attempt to
> impersonate user administrator AT nmchost.domain DOT tld was made by
> root AT nmchost.domain DOT tld. If root AT nmchost.domain DOT tld can be
> trusted,
> grant the user "Administrator" privileges on the NetWorker server
>
> So maybe this is related....grrr.

Quick update for future Google sanity --

My hosts were all deployed from VMware templates, and had registered an invalid
client name in nsrladb.  After we deleted /nsr/res/nsrladb directory from all
clients where authentication (whether for NMM or NMC purposes) was periodically
or continuously failing, both NMM and NMC function correctly.

-Eugene