Networker

[Networker] null or skip

2011-11-22 13:06:47
Subject: [Networker] null or skip
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:06:04 -0800
Directives are also defined on the server and assigned to the client in the
definition on the server.

----------

NW resources are in fact configured at the server. That was what i was talking
about.
Local directive files on the client are possible but usually not used because
their existence will be forgotten. This is especially important for skip/null
directives.

I am still not clear why you want to backup files by an early group and skip
them when you run a later group. As the group's major's attribute is the backup
time, it does not matter when the file was backed up during the day - it will
be omitted by the send attempt.
It might be a valid configuration but during all my years with NetWorker i
encounter such one for the first time.

You still have the chance to test the behavior yourself.