Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.6.2 management console with Redhat 6.0 x86_64 ?

2011-11-20 20:32:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.6.2 management console with Redhat 6.0 x86_64 ?
From: Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 19:32:16 -0600
On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT uvm DOT edu>
wrote:
> On 11/20/11 12:49 PM, mouns69 wrote:
>>
>> Someone already installed it on a redhat 6.0?
>>

>> I really need help: (
>
> What you need to do is read page 30 of the NetWorker 7.6 Service Pack 2
> Installation Guide (Document: 300-011-690 REV A05) where you will note the
> pointed absence of Red Hat Enterprise 6 from the list of supported Linux
> OS's for NMC.
>
> Frank

Frank,

He/She might also be reading

"EMC NetWorker
Software Compatibility Guide
October 31, 2011"

Where footnote 16 for 7.6SP2 reads:
"16 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 is supported for NetWorker Client,
NetWorker Storage Node, NetWorker Server and NMC from NW 7.6.2
onwards"

Installation Guide REV A05 (July 2011 according to Powerlink...) does
omit any mention of RHEL6 for NMC, and I found out the hard way it
doesn't work (database corruption), but I wouldn't bludgeon him with
documentation...

OTOH, 'yum localinstall' does wonderful things when the problem is
dependency resolution :).