Networker

Re: [Networker] Exchange 2010 |Send-As/Receive-As

2011-11-17 18:43:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Exchange 2010 |Send-As/Receive-As
From: Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:42:35 -0600
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Werth, Dave <dave.werth AT garmin DOT com>
wrote:
> We are trying to set up a backup of Exchange 2010.  Apparently it requires an
> account with Send-As/Receive-As permissions.  My boss is questioning this.
>  Does anyone have a good explanation as to why these permissions are
> necessary and how they get used by NetWorker?

Dave,

IIRC, Single Item Restore is dependent on this.

And a slight hijack: In your environment, are you able to run with
just the Roles given in the NMM Installation Guide or have you had to
broaden to Organization Administrator or Domain Administrator for the
NMM user account?

Cheers,
Eugene