Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC backup and licensing question

2011-11-14 14:07:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC backup and licensing question
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:05:52 -0500
> Of course a machine must have the NW client software installed to be
> able to be backed up by NW.
>
> So could it just be that you are trapped by standard NW licensing? -
> If you run NMC on the NW server, then no additional client license
> would be necessary.

(BTW - it would *really* be helpful is you would quote back what you are
replying to, thanks)

I have 140 clients; no way can I run NMC on my server. :-)

So I still don't understand where these references to the NMC machine not
needing a client license are coming from. And yes, I could use more
licenses (not an unusual or unknown occurrence). So I'm looking for
clients I can delete (after saving their client IDs, of course, in case I
need to re-create the client later, for unexpected restores).