Networker

[Networker] cannot backup Hyper-V server in DMZ

2011-11-02 06:27:23
Subject: [Networker] cannot backup Hyper-V server in DMZ
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernd?= <bernd.gotschy AT MENTIQ DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 06:25:37 -0400
I have a problem with hyper-v backup in a DMZ. Client is NMM 2.3-build87, NW
7.6.2.5, 64 bit, W2k8R2.

HV server is in the DMZ. It is multi homed. One net is dedicated to backups.
I cannot confine the HV server

to the backup net. I always falls over to the production net which is not
accessible from the backup server.

NMM seems to use the native hostname of the HV server for backups. It seems
to use backup and

production net for communication with the backup server.

An older HV version with NMM 2.2.1 in the DMZ works seamless.

I configured the HV server with the name in the DMZ net. But I always get
errors like:

'Please make sure you have configured at least one NetWorker Device...

This looks like a naming conflict. But name resolution is ok.

Any idea or suggestions?

regards

Bernd