Networker

[Networker] License Q: With "Autochanger Module, Unlimited Slots" allows multiple tape-loaders (8-slots each) or only single loader (2 Drives, 24 slots)?

2011-10-28 12:16:15
Subject: [Networker] License Q: With "Autochanger Module, Unlimited Slots" allows multiple tape-loaders (8-slots each) or only single loader (2 Drives, 24 slots)?
From: Sree <dalsc11 AT CELANESE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:15:56 -0400
We are planning a backup server needing about 120 MB/second thruput from
Tape drive(s). This rate should be sustained/average, not peak/advertised
speed.

Optinos are considering either:
        1 (ONE) piece  of HP MSL2024 SAS (two LTO-4 drives. 24 slots), or
        2 (TWO) pieces of HP 1/8 G2 LTO-4 Ultrium 1760 SAS Tape Autoloader
(1 drive, 8 slots)

We have a following Networker license available:
Autochanger Module, Unlimited Slots/32767

Obviously, the above license should work fine with MSL2024 SAS (two LTO-4
drives, 24 slots) or does it also allow us to work with two seperate tape-
loaders each with 8-slots?

Your suggestions please?

Thx
Sree