Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrim and DataDomain behaviour

2011-10-25 10:41:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrim and DataDomain behaviour
From: Chester Martin <cmartin AT SPP DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:40:30 -0500
Hello, my comment is for your #2..

On the DD box the "cleaning" process is by default set to use 50% of the cpu
and it throttles back if the DD box has other actions to perform.  The cleaning
job properties are configurable so you can reset any of the times and values.
Best practice is to set the cleaning time when the DD box is not busy, but know
beforehand if you already have it set to an offpeak time it may just take 5
hours for it to clean.  I guess you could alter the throttling up a bit, but
then if there are other things going on those may slow down..