Networker

[Networker] EMC Networker release cycle.

2011-10-18 17:04:04
Subject: [Networker] EMC Networker release cycle.
From: HackNDos <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:38:59 -0700
Most all of there efforts switched from Networker into their Avamar product.
This was evident with the Exchange 2010 Support.  Typically something that
would get released 90 days after a product is released took them 1.5 years to
release.  And if you noticed during this same period Avamar had Exchange 2010
support.  In fact our account rep tried to get us to switch from Networker to
Avamar.

I have been questioning where Networker has been heading since that all started
and how much effort is EMC going to keep putting into Networker based on these
actions.

Someone said do we want a good vs bad product release, I think maybe something
more transparent like a roadmap of what they have planned would make plenty of
Networker customers happy.

Just my thoughts....

Thanks
Paul