Networker

[Networker] NDMP Backup showing 0% in Monitoring View

2011-10-16 12:09:04
Subject: [Networker] NDMP Backup showing 0% in Monitoring View
From: gmdune <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 09:03:54 -0700
Hello All,

I'm new so please bare with me.

My company is running a networker server running, Networker 7.61, connected via
fiber-to-SAN > SAN to quantum jukebox.  This has been a problem that has
constantly come up, but I have never been able to find the answer.  Here's
what's going on:

I have a an ndmp backup running on a SAN (bluearc) directory, that is
approximately 4.3 TB in size.  For all intent and purposes, the backup seems to
be running properly because I can see its status as running in the
Monitoring/Groups view.  However, on the same line, where it shows  % complete,
it's at 0%.

In the Monitoring/Devices view, I can see that it has grabbed a tape and it is
writing to it.  I have watched it fill tapes to capacity and grab the next tape
in the series.  In the Monitoring/Save Sessions view I can see the save set is
running on the correct directory, but again I see the size as being 0 KB.

I should note that it is using a virtual tape drive, but I don't think that is
of consequence.

Can someone explain this to me?

Thx