Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.6.2.5 and DISASTER RECOVERY:\ oddities

2011-10-11 15:38:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.6.2.5 and DISASTER RECOVERY:\ oddities
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:36:44 -0400
> On 10/11/11 2:28 PM, Eugene Vilensky wrote:
> > Sounds like a pretty good hassle.  Is there a command that would let
> > one do a dry run just to see what would make up a given system's
> > DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ set?
> >

> I have not yet found a way of getting NetWorker to tell me what it
> is going to backup in the
> DISASTER RECOVERY:\ save set short of running the save group
> (granted, I've aborted it every
> time it started writing OSSR_S because I know that is not what I
> want it to do and it is not
> what I believe it should be doing).

1. Use "diskshadow /l writers.log" to start diskshadow and direct output
to a log file.
2. From the DISKSHADOW> prompt run "list writers detailed".
3. Exit diskshadow.

The writers.log will contain the list of files for all writers.

Search for a thread from mid-august of 2011 called "NW 7.6.2 and the
DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset", for more info. I have the same problem -
Lotus Notes installed onto Drive E:, and since it registers itself as a
critical system file, the DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset includes all of Lotus
Notes (350G+), and then I would also have to backup the E: drive *again*
so I can do recovers of individual files.

I just turned off DISASTER_RECOVERY:, it was the only feasible solution.