Networker

Re: [Networker] NMM 2.3 - Replication Manager and/or PowerSnap failed to install - Error status: 1603

2011-10-07 06:42:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMM 2.3 - Replication Manager and/or PowerSnap failed to install - Error status: 1603
From: Eivind Antonsen <ean AT EXELLO DOT NO>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 12:36:27 +0200
Also, forgot to mention:

Verified no spaces in temp or tmp path

https://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg111922
https://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg101693

Thanks
Regards
Eivind

  _____

From: Eivind Antonsen [mailto:ean AT EXELLO DOT NO]
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Sent: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:26:22 +0200
Subject: [Networker] NMM 2.3 - Replication Manager and/or PowerSnap failed to
install - Error status: 1603

Hi all

  Problems during install of NMM 2.3 Build 79/81/87

  - Uninstall NMM 2.3 Build 79 (no errors)

  - Install NMM Build 81/87

  ---------------------------

  Error

  ---------------------------

  Replication Manager and/or PowerSnap failed to install - Error status: 1603

  ---------------------------

  OK

  ---------------------------

  This is a Windows Installer error I believe.

  I have verified the following to no avail:

  - User installing is Admin - OK

  - No encrypted files/filesystem - OK

  - No substituted drive - OK

  - LOCAL SYSTEM account has file/folder rights - OK

  - 8.3 names are allowed - OK

  - Tried running msizap.exe T <msifile>.msi on all msi files - OK

  - Uninstalling all networker products - OK

  - Rebooting - OK

  Any1 had this error and got it resolved ?

  Thanks

  Regards

  Eivind