Networker

[Networker] NMDA RMAN Backup

2011-09-01 18:23:07
Subject: [Networker] NMDA RMAN Backup
From: Stalin <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:20:26 -0700
All,

This is my first time setting up the Networker and trying to understand
scheduled backup from the client vs. manual backup. I guess both are run from
DB server except that scheduled backup are run via crontab and manual is
running the script on demand from command line. Did i capture this right.

We have a 3 node RAC cluster (11gr2) on RH5.5, Networker 7.6 sp1 and NMDA 1.1.
I have networker client and nmda module on all DB nodes installed and have the
configuration file nmda_oracle.cfg configured and created rman file (see
below). Now, how to schedule this task from DB node. Is it as easy as wrapping
the rman scripts in a shell script and calling that from cron? Anything else i
should have it configured before running this ? Also i read that client index
files and bootstrap will not get backed up if backup are initiated from client.
How do i back them up after successful RMAN scheduled backup? Thanks in Advance!

CONNECT TARGET /
RUN {
ALLOCATE CHANNEL SBT_CH01 TYPE 'SBT_TAPE';
SEND DEVICE TYPE 'SBT_TAPE'
'NSR_ENV=(NSR_SERVER=NW_node,NSR_CLIENT=node1,NSR_COMPRESSION=true)';
BACKUP RECOVERY AREA;
RELEASE CHANNEL SBT_CH01;
}