Networker

Re: [Networker] NW 7.6.2 and the DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset

2011-08-23 13:15:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW 7.6.2 and the DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset
From: michael.jones2 AT EMC DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 13:14:01 -0400
That method is supported by the NetWorker DR support but will not help you. You
can list specific files in the 'FilesNotToBackup' registry setting, but not
entire volumes. In addition, once directories/files are listed in that registry
setting, they will never be backed up for any type of backup.

1. Talk to Lotus to see how the system file(s) Lotus put on E:\ can be moved to
a true system volume
2. Wait for the next release of NetWorker which will be able to leverage the
Windows DR backup for filesystem recoveries, eliminating the double backup of
the E:\ volume