Networker

Re: [Networker] xdr of Linux extended attributes failed for `/home/'

2011-08-22 18:56:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] xdr of Linux extended attributes failed for `/home/'
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:55:49 +0000
Tim,

Evidently, this is stumping EMC. I have already tried your suggestion. Very
little came of it. EMC had me run several backups (initiated from the NetWorker
server and the clients) and they are looking at the results now. I am about to
leave for vacation. I hope EMC comes up with a solution when I return to work
next week. In the meanwhile, I am able to back up both the Linux clients where
this problem is happening fine on our Avamar grid with no issues, but I prefer
to use NetWorker to back up these servers to our Data Domain system, rather
than Avamar.