Networker

Re: [Networker] NMDA Oracle RMAN backups fail only when when nsrexecd is running

2011-08-21 02:12:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMDA Oracle RMAN backups fail only when when nsrexecd is running
From: David Stes <stes AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 08:09:56 +0200
> The debug log files they have me collecting indicate that it is timing out > connecting to the NSR server for the client file index.

Are you sure that it is connecting to the *right* NSR server ?

We have seen the error
"...See privious error messages. (3:3:11)" instead of "previous". with NMDA when NMDA, despite -s server argument, is apparently doing a broadcast and finds a different NSR server on the same subnet and then connects to the other
NSR server.

The error went away in these cases by setting

  /nsr/res/servers

to the backup server + restart of nsrexecd to force it to use that 'default' NSR server.

David.